Subject: [Leica] I figured out how to adapt any LTM 50mm into a dual range lens - cheap & fast
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG)
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 10:43:11 -0500

I?d posted a while ago asking if anybody had any thoughts about filing down
the threads on a 50mm to allow the focus coupling to travel further on
lenses that?s close focus was limited to a meter.  Kicking the idea around a
little, I?ve come up with a modification which will work with any LTM 50mm
and doesn?t require grinding or altering the lens. It allows close focusing
to about half a meter (haven?t checked exactly) ? I have before and after
close focusing images plus instructions here:

http://kylecassidy.livejournal.com/802756.html

I?d been kicking around the idea of getting a voigtlander nokton 1.5 ? the
LTM ones are cheap, like $400, but the new bayonet mount ones are like $900
and as far as I can tell, the only significant difference is that the
bayonet mount ones close focus to .7 meters.

How many of you still use a LTM mount 50mm?

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] I figured out how to adapt any LTM 50mm into a dual range lens - cheap & fast)
Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] I figured out how to adapt any LTM 50mm into a dual range lens - cheap & fast)