Subject: [Leica] Any recommendations prints on gatorboard?
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 16:17:58 -0800

Thanks for that last line Mark: very much appreciated.
I plan to cold mount (because I don't have a hot press and a cold mounter
can be tucked away more easily) with archival mounting materials (boards
and sticky stuff). I don't think that's a real time/cost sinkhole. So it
will be archival, but no frame, matte around it, etc. Just the print.
Perfectly safe from an archival point of view.

If someone wants it, they can float mount it in any frame, color or size
they want. Their choice fits their need better than I can guess. If MOMA
wants one, I'll print it special for them :-)

Storage will also be much easier. I have a closet full of archival mounted
and framed prints taking up a lot of space. So I'm going to give those to
senior centers and start loosing weight and bulk. Kind of like what you did
with your body, I'm going to do with my prints.

So archival but simple: KISS for displaying!