Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 52: Christmas in Alicante
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 17:37:41 -0800

Nathan Wajsman SHOWED:

I am a totally secular Jew, and my wife is an equally non-practicing
Catholic, which of course does not stop us from celebrating Christmas. And
especially this year it was nice because both of our adult children came
home to the otherwise empty nest. Be prepared for a lot of cuteness and good
things:

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=1318

Miraculously, I did not gain any weight at all despite all this eating and
drinking. I guess the 1-2 hours spent pedaling in the hills every day did
the trick.

As always, comments and critique are welcome and appreciated. I started
doing the PAW in 2001, inspire by Kyle Cassidy on the LUG. So this weekly
blog completes my 14th year of doing this. <<<<

Hi Nathan,
Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! :-) I love this kind of photo coverage of
family life!

When your children, Moses & Monica are elders, parents themselves? They will
have a goldmine treasure of photographs as you've shown of the family life
as it is and was when they were kids!

HOWEVER?
Do you have a family album to pass along of family life as we've seen your
children grow? I bet we're all guilty of this photo offense? But our parents
weren't!

We shoot tons of photos of life around us, families or otherwise?  BUT! WE
DON'T MAKE 4X6 PRINTS AND PUT THEM IN A PHOTO ALBUM!" Our parents did that.
No?

Folks from the days of the Brownie Box camera and other types, the families
nearly all had some kind of "photo album!" TODAY? I bet most of us leave the
edited images on the hard-drive and show them on the computer screen. And
yes with some kind of "live comments" as we click them by.

But when the out-dated computer no longer flashes photo beauties on the
screen for the grand children to see they will have nothing! I have a couple
of albums from my family and my late wife Irene's family that go back to
1925. Yep life sure looked different in those days.

So why don't we make an album for our children or their children to look
back on the days when we were just "young folks ourselves?" I'm not going to
offer any reasons simply because the computer, digital and quite probably a
thousand other dumb-ass excuses would be offered!

But to many of the "ELDERS OF THE CREW" you have time, maybe not much? But
why not, as you offer your FFlower images to the screen. Print a "best of?"
or "Best of Billie?" Or whatever? Then when you have several done? Stick
them in an album.

That my dear friends is my number one "NEW YEAR RESOLUTION!" reaching back,
oh dear me, more years into the old boxes of negs and slides I don't really
want to! But pull edit and print an album and once a month, stick the prints
in each album by the year if possible.

So my friend Nathan you have such a marvellous selection of family photo
history as we have seen over the years. May I throw down the gauntlet with a
challenge of producing a family album 2015? :-)  OK good buddy I just threw
it down! So now we have to get cracking!

OH! By the way? The challenge is open to all! :-) You really didn't think
I'd leave you out did you?:-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 52: Christmas in Alicante)