Subject: [Leica] The decisive moment..... NOT!!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 10:04:14 -0800

Aram Langhans SHOWED:

I think HCB would be rolling over in his grave if he saw this.  A prime
example why I am not a good people photographer.  I just can't seem to find
that decisive moment.<<<<<<<
======================================
Bonjour Adam, :-)
Don't feel bad not catching "the Decisive Moment?" If there is or was one in
this case?

Unfortunately you and camera are well aware to the eating folks. :-) In
particular the one old guy who looks a tad cranky? :-) And no, cropping him
alone does not make a picture worth  doing!

Well maybe in some collection of people looking at the photographer just as
photog "CLICKED SHUTTER!" Capturing a mouthful of food or some unfortunate
expression as we see here...... My gut feeling on the shot??? JUST DELETE
THE WHOLE FRAME " and move onto next frame!

HCB would have had them all biting their TACO 10 times before he got it
right and then shown but one and called it "THE  DECISIVE MOMENT!"

Absolutely no different than his so called "DECISIVE MOMENT PUDDLE JUMPER"
Where the guy jumped the puddle 12 times before HCB had his so called
"DECISIVE MOMENT BULL SHIT" photo that as of today unknowns still raving how
good he was at capturing " the decisive moment!" After shooting it 12 times
I'd bloody well think he'd get one right! :-)

Once I learned of his "DECEATFUL DECISIVE MOMENT" in this puddle case! I
lost all faith in his so called greatness as a "decisive moment shooter!"
ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION?

How many other "Decisive Moment PHOTOS" did he use the same technique? "DO
IT AGAIN! AGAIN? AGAIN! In building his deceitful lying image?

But let's give him credit due where it is and was honestly deserved.

And a crop to see only the really offending portion of the photo? The old
lad looking grumpily at you? Forget it! It's not worth the time fiddling
with it unless you have a collection of similar looking faces

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/c4/s/Taco+Tuesday-0125.jpg.html

Cheers,
Dr.ted