Subject: [Leica] New Monochrome? Mark
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 05:08:29 -0500

Well the idea that we're getting into an era now where sensor speed is not
like film speed at all and is handled  much differently.
If that's what's happening its not a question of my or anyone's opinion we
just do it. I can guess and guess wrong if that's really going to happen or
not. Feels wrong to me. I don't like it. But I'm wrong myself at least once
a week.

In the film era I was not much on pushing film and very much not into
pulling. I felt a film had a certain speed and if you used a different speed
with  your developer dilution combination then you were shooting on the
wrong part of the curve.
That may not relate directly to this new way of dealing with sensor
exposure.
The only person I've run into who does this is that guy on the lug last
month.