Subject: [Leica] A K.I.S.S. situation IF ONLY?
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 21:03:21 +0100

Hi Ted,

I thank you very much your words that I appreciate a lot, I would like add
some comments to the situation when I?ve shot this one.

I think that in street photography there is a certain amount of be lucky, on
this picture, this was the case too. But I also recognize that luck come to
us when we are looking for it, as you say in your DVD and your books, the
art of observation develops in my opinion a certain intuition, probably as
the hunter make (I?m not a hunter but I suppose they develop too a high
degree of intuition), secondly, this is like an exercise, more you do it
more you are used on it, have the camera preset and move your eyes on the
street like a scanner will do to find ? things, on this case both elements
was joined, intuition and camera and eyes prepared, the great surprise was
that in the moment I was putting the camera on my eyes she has make the
expression you see in the picture, this was a millesimal part of a second
and I?ve not hesitate, KISS!!!! and captured all these things you have
mentioned. Lucky? ?. yes? but everyone who want capture unexpected moments
should be pro-active in his attitude.

On the other hand I?m a little deceived because I see the comments and
reactions of my LUG friends and other reactions and there are different,
IMHO the LUG is a place with great photographers and people with a classical
photographic culture based on the good taste and good classical principles.
I see that reactions are different with the people I meet in i.e. Facebook,
Flickr ? I?m usually deceived seen many photographers that they think they
are doing street photography and the only thing that they are doing is
photography in the street, I see too many pictures of someone walking, or
with the famous ?bokeh? effect of the super new lenses i.e. Noctilux 0.95,
others? too many, they photograph mendicants, or people with over processed
clarity on their faces. When Nathan and Lars has came to Barcelona we have
visited the Salgado?s exhibition ?Genesis?, we was deceived, almost was more
technology than "image - power - communication?, I?ve visited in y life
several exhibitions of Salgado ?The Sahel?, ?Workers?, ?Exiled??. was for me
true photography, the image had a power by itself not by the added value of
technology and spectacularity, it seems that the trends are going on this
sense.

I see that many people want go to ?. i.e. India to do photography. When I
was more young I wanted too, but I couldn?t do it, up to this moment the
reflection we shall do IMHO is why it is interesting photograph a person
with big whiskers, wrinkles, turban? and not our everyday neighbors in La
Rambla? . As HCB says, we shall have the attitude of be surprised everyday
by the everyday things around us, and we shall made a intelectual effort to
identify them.

I would appreciate very much know your and others opinions about my
thoughts, if I was famous, believe me, more than once I would say in
facebook or other sites ?Why did you photograph this? ? this is rubbish!"

Thank you my dear friend!

Cheers
Lluis

El 27/01/2015, a las 19:35, Ted Grant <tedgrant at shaw.ca> escribi?: