Subject: [Leica] Barcelona travel question
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 07:05:09 +0100

Well, Lluis lives there so he is perhaps not the best qualified person as
far as hotels go.

Barcelona hotels can be cheap and good if you are prepared to stay outside
the city centre. This is what I sometimes do, pick an Ibis in the suburbs
near a metro station and just leave my car at the hotel during the day
(parking in Barcelona is expensive).

During my most recent trip to Barcelona earlier this month I stayed at a
hotel next to Plaza Catalunya, as central as it gets, and the rate (for a
double room) was around 100 Euro, which is very reasonable for this area.
But in the suburbs you can get a room of the same standards for half that.

There are cheap hotels in the centre, but those tend to be dumps, and I
would not recommend them. If your friend is really on a budget, then Accor?s
budget brands Ibis or (even more budget) Etap are the way to go. They are
the McDonalds of hotels: you will not get great food but you will not be
poisoned either. Which in hotel terms means that the price is low, the room
is clean, the wifi is free, everything in the bathroom works as it should,
as does the A/C, etc. Those are not things you can take for granted if you
get a 50 Euro hotel right off the Rambla.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain