Subject: [Leica] Photos from talk about ISIS.
From: matt at kollarfoto.com (Matt Kollasch)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 14:27:28 +0400

According to the Iraqi Ambassador to Azerbaijan ISIS will be defeated this
year. I wonder..?

bit.ly/1zeJWbs

*I got upbraided by a man for disturbing the proceedings by taking photos
(see man standing in first photo below "More Photos from the Talk"). I
wasn't disturbing the proceedings. No flash and shooting the M240 with a
50/2. Twice only I moved closer to get some shots and as I did so the
ambassador didn't miss a beat with his talk. The rest of the time I was
like the students, sitting in a chair. *

*The 3d secretary from the Iraqi embassy, who I met before the talk, had
asked me to take some photos of the ambassador. I agreed. When I told the
Upset Man that, he replied, "Well, I am the host, not him." Not very
pleasant host I think. **I had even asked another Academy teacher if I
could take photos and she had said yes. I just didn't ask the right person,
I guess. **The 3d secretary wrote me this morning apologizing for the host
and thanking me for the photos I had sent him.*

*You never know when someone will take umbrage with the you and your
camera. *

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Photos from talk about ISIS.)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Photos from talk about ISIS.)