Subject: [Leica] Monochrom metadata and uncoded lenses
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 10:52:36 +0000

The camera measures the difference between the light coming through the lens
onto the exposure meter cells and the light impinging on the little frosted
plastic window on front of the camera. It calculates from the difference
what the aperture value must be. It is not spot on but good enough for
record keeping.
Frank D.