Subject: [Leica] Konost "Leica" YA GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 02:40:24 -0500

I kind of maybe assume wrong that if a camera company real or imagined came
out with a Leica M solution it should be able to be used with impunity on
Leica M glass from ultrawide to darned long. (135mm)
As if that's why its there and people put their 21 or 18mm on it and it
looked like Coney Island at high tide not quite in the center people would
complain and a few might have their credit card companies cancel the
transaction entirely. Like a tree falling alone in the woods.

The Sony A7 has looked real good to me from the start. I love its compact
lightweight and bare boned industrial design. My D700 weights a ton.
In the past week I've looked into it as a friend of mine in Puerto Rico just
picked one up with a Canon adaptor but uses most the time I think with a
Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens which is supposed to give the Zeiss
Zeiss 55mm f/1.4 Otus Distagon T* EF a run for its money.  The Otus with no
regrets gets called often the best normal lens in the world and cost 4 grand
while the FE cost one grand and supposedly has specs to almost match.
But the point here would be to use it with Leica glass and I cant keep track
but all these cameras which do that people keep saying here they don't work
with wides. For me that's a deal breaker became I'm a wide kinda guy. I have
wides for breakfast. Right now my piggy bank says "20mm f/1.8G ED AFS" on it
in blue magic marker. On my camera I've a just bought  a 35mm 1.8G ED.
My new lens line is all about Mr. ED.

On 2/25/15 1:09 AM, "Sonny Carter" <sonc.hegr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark sez:  "Id love  for a real camera company to come out with a simple
and
> concise
full frame M glass solution."

My full frame Sony A7s sits beside me
> on the table with my pre-asph 35mm
Summilux M on the mount.  It also has had
> my 15mm Voigtl?nder, 21mm
Super-Angulon f4, 21mm Elmarit, 40mm Summicron C,
> 50mm Summicron,  75 mm
Summarit, 90mm Tele-Elmarit M lenses, (also fits my my
> 90 Summicron R, 135
Elmarit R.)

Admittedly it is menu intensive, until
> customized the way you want, then
the menus are hands off.

I have another
> simple and concise full frame M glass solution camera; a
Leica M9.

Both from
> real camera companies . . .

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Mark Rabiner

--

Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/