Subject: [Leica] Getty Images
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:55:54 -0500

It's greed on Getty's part.  They take 80 percent and give photographers
20.  Alamy is doing fine with a 50/50 split and considerably higher fees
for usage.  Not as high as they used to be but at least Alamy is not giving
away photos for free!  Getty and the micro-stock agencies have devalued all
stock photography.  When I started in the stock photography, Rohn Engh used
to say, "Would you rather sell one perfect apple for $100 or 10 good-enough
apples for $10 each?"  I've always held out for the higher prices and
haven't regretted it.

Tina

--
Tina Manley