Subject: [Leica] I got published in Sky & Telescope magazine, but...
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 17:35:21 -0400

On 3/15/15, 4:03 PM, "Howard Ritter" <hlritter at bex.net> wrote:

>I?m certainly flattered, and grateful to S&T for giving me my first
>magazine image publication, but disappointed in the way they chose to do
>it. Am I being too critical? Or is this just another example of the
>eternal gulf between "content creators" and editors?

Congratulations on being published. As for being upset by how they cropped
the photo, it depends. Did they pay you? If so, then who cares?take your
money. They bought it, they can do with it what they want. If you don?t
want published images cropped or altered, you can specify that in the
rights usage contract, but they might not want the photo in that case. If
they didn?t pay you, then I?d not have let them use it, but since you did
I?d be mad if the image was altered.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography