Subject: [Leica] Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 09:09:15 -0400

But now it doesn't look like dawn which was the whole point to me.

I have fallen into the trap, again, of trying to adjust my photos to please
everyone.  I will never get through 16,000 edits at this rate.  Right now,
all I am doing is going through the photos as quickly as I can and
selecting those which might merit more detailed work later. I hit Auto in
LR to get in the ballpark.  LR adjustments are non-destructive and I can go
back to the untouched photo at any time.  I post the ones I am considering
and hope for comments on the content and/or composition.  Anything to do
with white balance, exposure, lifting shadows, suppressing highlights,
contrast, spotting, sharpening can and will be done much later, after I
have finished all of the editing.

Maybe I should just post the photos straight from LR with no adjustments at
all?  Or maybe I should just not post them at all.  It's too discouraging
and demoralizing.

Thank you,

Tina