Subject: [Leica] Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:40:29 -0400

As to my general crowd as being the LUG, Tina,  I'm suggesting that the Lug
has a wide range of expertise on the whole photography thing.  Really what
seems to be shared is a love of cameras above all. Not even German cameras
and not even Leicas.  Not the worse thing in the world but its not like a
group of serious photo students or photo enthusiasts. Not that it should
be.. Its a whole range of approaches, values.
Someone just suggested an hour ago that tweaking our images in any way is
questionable. That's what we're up against here.
DID YOU SHOP THAT PICTURE!?!?!

No they should be untouched by human hands.
By the way yesterday you were mentioning being upset when people say
things...
I always look up their prints right off the bat it takes me less than a
minute.. By prints I mean jpegs.
If I am impressed by their images then I care about what they write about
mine. If I can't find any images I most certainly don't care what they say
about mine. Unless its nice then I'm happy and I thank them.
If I see their images which are not so great or committed then again I'm not
caring so much what they say about my work or me. This is the biggest slice
of the pie right here. Indifferent work. No craft. Zero commitment. And the
ones with the most criticism and advice.
With me it all starts with the work.
And nowadays we don't have to ask our new friends to fish out their prints
out of the trunk of their car and hope they didn't leave them in the back of
their garage..  We can search engine them pretty well in seconds and see
what they had for breakfast the morning before in living color 3D
smell-or-ama.

In photography talking the talk equals walking the walk.
Photography is the only endeavor that by owning a crummy camera you are an
expert and can walk up to a Pro and ask them with great moral indignation
where their lens cap is.
No other line of interest has that. In any other thing you do you have to do
it fairly regularly and with a real focus to claim a self righteousness in
it.

In general I don't ask a person directions on the street corner unless I
search engine them first. You can end up in New Jersey.