Subject: [Leica] ***SPAM*** Re: Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 15:48:41 -0400

Photography has become very much all about what did you shoot today?
What did you shot in the last five minutes? Upload and show to all friends.
Get likes. Have people text you back with what they just shot.
I knew people in the old days who first made an 8x10 rc resin coated print
which they'd keep in the back of their portfolio of best prints. They called
these "work prints". It may have come out of Evergreen College.
They'd show these to some friends for a few weeks or months and if the image
is wearing well and feeling right over time they'd go back into the darkroom
and print it this time on fiber paper and this time 11x14". With the idea
that if it was really good it would make it into your portfolio the chances
being really small. So the odds were very few people would ever see it.
Because it wasn't your very best work. And what's the point of showing
people not your very best work?
You show people your portfolio. A word almost unspoken here on the LUG.
Here on the LUG I have embraced the LUG gallery and put on it images I
didn't have time to live with and get more secure with before I foisted it
on whoever might see it.  Many are still up though some I made disappear and
tried to pretend it never happened. My luck they will bounce back at me.
Its a mixed bag.  Its good to get your work out in a body of work in
progress mode but there is somthign to be said for the way things were done
in the darkroom days.

On 3/21/15 3:23 PM, "Tina Manley" <tmanley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Aram.  I am enjoying reliving the trip - most of the time ;-)

> appreciate your comments and your help.

Tina

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 3:08