Subject: [Leica] (SPAM: ?) Re: Photo show dissent
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 20:00:11 -0400

Photoshop = Darkroom,  Ken.
Both Ansel and Smith were no strangers to the darkroom.
They thrived in there. It was the center of their worlds.
Photoshop can also do airbrush. But its not its main thing.
A lot of people who use Photoshop never learn how to do the tricky stuff.

We have to stop marginalizing the name of our modern digital darkroom.
And the name of our modern digital darkroom is Photoshop.
Its a good thing. Not a bad thing. Its a basic thing. Its a necessarily
thing. We had to make our image the right exposure, contrast and color.
Sharpen it so it looks right and even like in the darkroom do local
controls. We have to crop it so it looks the best. We have to save it to the
best file format.
When you "Shop" an image it means you developed it in your darkroom.
Not stolen its integrity by spraying it with digital pigment. Not copied
elements of another image into it.

And most of you guys use LightRoom fine, close enough.
.