Subject: [Leica] Nikkor P 105mm / focus peaking
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 18:37:08 -0700

It seems relevant to mention......

My Photo Buddy just sold off all his Nikon stuff.
The Nikon D4s body went to a local guy who wanted it pretty badly.  He met
my friend to do the transfer of money for camera.  In that meeting
pleasantries were exchanged including the response to... So what do you do
for a living?
It seems that the guy shoots for the NBA.    He does the arena shots with
cameras hanging all over the venue, with remote control shutter releases.
He has... count them.... 11 Nikon D4 cameras. And a "few" Nikon D3.  Lenses?
Start at something wider than 20 mm and go to 800mm.   We figured he carries
about 300 pounds of equipment to each game.....

And makes a good living of it, considering where he lives.....

He will not use a camera that is not top of the line.  ( and has the name
Nikon on it).

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

John  I don't see your average working pro switching from full frame DSLR'S
to cropped format pseudo Leica mirrorless rangefinders. He may get one for
some cool side shoots in plenty of daylight

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Nikkor P 105mm / focus peaking)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Nikkor P 105mm / focus peaking)