Subject: [Leica] RIP, my newspaper
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 08:43:03 +0800

Hi Luggers,
Here in Hong Kong, we get a feed of the NBC nightly news every morning at
7:30am on one of the local TV stations.
I have watched with amazement over the last 5 days that there has been no
mention of the death of Lee Kwan Yew - Singapore?s first and longest serving
PM -
an influential adviser to Deng Xiao Ping on the opening of China, and a
stalwart supporter of US involvement in Asia. I finally emailed NBC Nightly
News and asked why? Of course I have heard nothing back - Bill Clinton and
Henry Kissinger attended the funeral so there could have been a recent US
?Hook? to report on it.
Strange - very strange. Of course BBC had extensive coverage with in depth
reporting. They are a wonderful resource - even if Jeremy Clarkson is gone
from ?Top Gear?.
Howard