Subject: [Leica] For Sale: pristine Nocti .95 COMMENTS!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 10:04:29 -0700

HAPPY NOCTI-EASTER MORNING ALL!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

I realize most of us have all kinds of reasons for owning a Noctilux lens or
not. WHICHEVER VERSION? I've have had one (f1.0) and used extensively since
1970. Of course my KISS reason for having one originally was ? Because it
was the fastest lens at the time and manufactured here in Canada. Maybe a
touch of nationalism was influential. And at the time I was turning some
very interesting and well paying assignments.

All though never enough to pop $11,000! SORRY Sue having had your .095 in
hand and on my M8 if I had the income to pay the asking price of $11,000 I'd
of bought it and saved all this Nocti-babblefesting of the past weeks?

But if I were to purchase, my reason for buying it? Not for any of the optic
nerd reasons of so called "photographic qualities?" Heavens' "NO!" But
simply because?

Only another photographer may or may not see the difference in a 16X20
print. Neither do clients give a flying hoop what lens or equipment you
use......... THEY ONLY WANT PHOTOS THAT SELL THEIR GOODS!

My reason to buy it????????? SIMPLY BECAUSE IT'S THE "FASTEST LENS
AVAILBLE!" :-) Now that alone is a "cool enough reason! :-) :-)

See if you have the kind of income that buying things of extreme quality?
You buy things not for what they can do for you?  KISS? THEY JUST HAVE THE
INCOME TO BUY WHATEVER THEY WANT BECAUSE "IT'S THE FASTEST!"

And in the photo world " THEY BECOME THE COOL GUY WHO USES? OR AT LEAST OWNS
A .095 NOCTILUX LENS. EVEN IF THE ADMIRER HASN'T GOT A CLUE WHAT THE NOCTI
CAN DO? Other than believe you can shoot pictures in the dark!

So OK CREW my last post!

cheers,
Dr. ted