Subject: [Leica] Was: Screw the Nocti, Now: 28mm And BeThere
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 14:54:00 -0400

The option is the 28mm f/2.8 ASPH ELMARIT-M which is a more compact and
inexpensive lens which came out in 2006 where the Summicron ASPH came out in
2000. And the Summicron may block the viewfinder. The Elmarit is old
fashioned Leica compact wide angle size. The Summicron is new Leica inflated
with bicycle pump size.
I might go with compact Elmarit. Both my other Leica wides the 21 and 24 are
Elmarit ASPH's. Though neither are compact.
Its just that as Leica "brands" go "Summicron" is the main one as I've
always seen it.