Subject: [Leica] SD Card Questions, M(240) Gearhead Edition
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 13:52:38 -0500

I 'm sorry to post this again because I suspect it has been discussed but
inasmuch as neither the LUG Search function nor my internal memory function
are working very well I'll have to.

I see that Leica suggests Sandisk Ultra or Extreme Class 10 SD cards with
speeds >30 MB/s.  http://content.abt.com/documents/54249/LEICAM_FAQ.pdf

There are some folks on another well known Leica forum who say the speed -
both waking and shooting - is noticeably better with the latest and fastest
cards, which have maximum speeds of 95 MB/s.  I have also seen posters in
various forii say they get faster speeds with 16GB cards than they do with
32GB cards.

I'm just curious to know if any LUGers have discerned - when shooting with
an M (240) or an M-P (240) - noticeably faster speeds or any other
_noticeable_  advantage to using 60 MB/s versus 95 MB/s SD cards, and also
any _noticeable_ speed difference when using 16GB, 32GB or larger cards.

Thanks,

--Bob

p.s. Uncle Dr. Ted is certainly free to ignore this thread.  ;-)

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] SD Card Questions, M(240) Gearhead Edition)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] SD Card Questions, M(240) Gearhead Edition)
Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] SD Card Questions, M(240) Gearhead Edition)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] SD Card Questions, M(240) Gearhead Edition)