Subject: [Leica] Don't Trust Everything You Read On The Internet, or: 2 Myths of the Biogon Lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 22:40:14 -0400

This lens diagram is superior to that lens diagram because see those little
shapes? Those shapes are bad! You want to know why those little shapes are
bad? Because the tooth fairly told me last night she was on a cigarette
break and she stopped off and visited my pillow as I was dropping off to
sleep.
A totally symmetrical lens is better than a near symmetrical lens really?
Says who? No one here even begins to know or care. Does it matter? Do we
just make up stuff as we go along and everyone goes along?
The intricacies of lens design is not the same thing as the intricacies  of
our pawing off our latest camera system on eBay as we bid for a new one.
Lens design is a science. Not an hobby.  You don't Google/Bing it for ten
minutes and think you know something about it.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Don't Trust Everything You Read On The Internet, or: 2 Myths of the Biogon Lens)