Subject: [Leica] Critiques
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 20:05:42 -0400

On Brian's LUG gallery which I am very fond of there is the total number of
those who checked out the pic. I assume they clicked on it. A high number
for me is very satisfying. I may think most of the list is down on my case.
But a heck of a lot of people here do check out my pix that I put up there
and tell people here about. On facebook you get likes. They are close to
numbers but instead of a click you get a like. They can also say stuff,
friends from my various lives in different cities and different schools.
They can make nice little personal comments.  You can do that when you read
the news now.  A few are even photo enthusiasts or photographers so that's
nice.
But the pix themselves unlike the LUG gallery are interpolated. They are not
1:1. So the level of sharpness you got out of it they know not what the
heck. Its all a blur. Content is the issue on FB.  What did you do today
visually. On the LUG there is also an emphasis on technique and quality.
That I like.
I'm fond of FB but I recall Brain stating he'd rather our FB world stay on
FB and our LUG world stay here. I'm ok with that. And will not be talking
too much more about FB here.
I'm sure as hell glad about the unwritten rule here or maybe its written
about eBay. I'm sure other lists that's all they here about what someone got
on eBay for what. Would drive me nuts.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer