Subject: [Leica] If not Lightroom, ...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:07:51 -0400

This tread is really not about what software to use instead of what.
Its what I call a "reminder message"
And we get them on the LUG weekly for years.
A reminder that yes I have a  nice chunk of my net work invested in camera
gear which I buy and sell, trade rather with glee but my priorities for
dealing with whatever image I make with this gear is low. I really don't
want to lift a finger. I just want more gear. Photography doesn't interest
me.
Its very important for these guys to remind us of that on a timely bases.
"Your joy of photography means nothing to me".
"Do I really have to spend 50 bucks to buy softwear to tweak these images?
Plus learn how to use that software?"

On the LUG in the 90's we'd have guys who really went through a lot of gear
with no images to show for it but with opinions to validate supposedly the
trade.
We'd tease them and tell them that the film going through the camera can
wear down the rails and devalue thier precious investment.
"Whatever you do don't take pictures with it."
"oh really gee I didn't know that!"

On 10/13/15 4:00 AM, "Spencer Cheng" <spencer at aotera.org> wrote:

> Hi Richard,

That maybe be true but my spare time is bit limited right now. I
> rather not try to learn new S/W package that sounds like bad QA effort
> during
> beta. Leaking memory is a pain to track down
> (been-there-done-that-too-many-times) but no S/W should exit beta status
> unless that was resolved. Some Adobe excutroid(s) has their bonus
> depending on
> the S/W exiting beta.

I can always wait a few months and keep on using
> Aperture until either Apple breaks it or Adobe gets it?s act together.
> :-)

Regards,
Spencer

I also hate the S/W rental model that