Subject: [Leica] New M(246) Outputs 12 bit Files
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 09:30:32 -0400

They could give  you the option which is common and I have with my D700 of
12-bit vs. 14-bit so you can go for speed or quality. I always have it set
for all thing quality.

Richard thanks on that I knew bit depth was not dependent on format it just
struck me that the medium format backs give you larger bit depth options
typically. Like 16 bits (65,536 levels per channel).  I don't think there is
16 bits in 24x26 ff.