Subject: [Leica] Be a photographer
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 10:36:33 -0500

"Documentary photography and journalism is a thing which goes way back."

When I got my first job taking pictures (1965), we were called "news
photographers."

Did not matter if we were shooting for a newspaper, wire service, or TV.

Sometimes "news cameramen"   (that went away when more women came into the
job.)

They like to call themselves "Photo-Journalist" these days.

I do believe there's a fine but perceptible difference between a "Street
Photographer" and a "News Photographer"

It is called "paycheck."

--
Regards,