Subject: [Leica] St. Emilion Memories
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 11:39:19 -0500

Recent photographs posted bring back certain memories, as so many things
do:  In April of 1997 we had the use of a house in a 'commune' (probably
too small to be called a 'village', and we were told the mayor was a
communist) about 20 minutes by car southeast of the village of St. Emilion.

Douglas Barry's photograph at
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Bordeaux2014_St-Emilion_View1.jpg.html
 shows a tower in the background, known as the Royal Tower or Tower of the
King or something similar; if you climb to the top you can as I did, take a
photograph of a view much beloved in travel magazines:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Bordeaux2014_St-Emilion_View1.jpg.html

This was scanned some time ago from a C-41 negative (probably Kodak Royal
Gold) made with a Leitz-Minolta CL, my only camera at the time.  (When I
finally sent it to Sherry Krauter for a CLA after this trip she said the
shutter was way off, which probably explained why so many of my shots were
blurry.

Memories.....

--Bob

Replies: Reply from robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron) ([Leica] St. Emilion Memories)