Subject: [Leica] from paris
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 15:24:58 +0100

Francois,
I'd like to have the option of seeing this slightly bigger.

The beggar looks very appealing - in both senses of the word - but, true to
the current callousness of modern society, the beggee looks impervious to
his beseechings. It's as if that jumper he's wearing is made of kevlar...

The background expressions are intriguing, and the picture is an apt comment
on modern society.

That said photographs lie, and the very next frame could show him giving
some money over. I'm sure Mr. Barthes had something to say about that in
"Camera Lucida". Must check the book.

Looks like the outside of a railway station. Where was it taken?

Douglas