Subject: [Leica] Lightroom question
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 19:31:48 -0700

This is the route I have chosen, Nathan.

I have a Thunderbolt external drive that I export to, then import from on my
dekstop system. Everything moves across, both systems are happy.

I have started to worry about data integrity. A few dropped bits in the
wrong part of an image file and you have garbage. The Mac isn?t particularly
good for that. And the ?cloud?? Who knows what sort of software is running
up there? Do they really care? We can?t know.

I keep hoping that Apple will get religion, adopt or create something like
ZFS and put ECC memory in all their machines showing they DO care about my
data.

In the meantime I have started computing check-sums for my images and saving
those. It doesn?t consume a lot of time although it?s just extra book
keeping.

Maybe I?m paranoid.

Adam