Subject: [Leica] 4TB drive dead...
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 00:04:37 -0400

I am really hard on HDD/SDDs for some strange reason. My friend, the Linux
HDD device driver writer said I am just cursed. :)

Had 3 HDD/SSD in my laptop die while I am traveling. Because of that I
always carry a separate HDD as backup for the SSD in my laptop.

Seagate 3.5? HDDs are particularly unreliable (still are after a few years
of making crappy HDDs!).

?Enterprise? grade SSDs, according to the latest reports, are particularly
bad at loosing content (charge leakage?) if it is stored unpowered. Go
figure.

Don?t count on the RAID-whatever in Drobo to save your butt.

Regards,
Spencer