Subject: [Leica] So much for "film is forever"
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 19:20:48 -0400

Oral tradition is a lost tradition. Stone tablets are the only known
archival storage medium known to survive the test of time. :-)

Putting everything in the ?cloud? is marginal proposition for long term
storage. User IDs and passwords are easily forgotten or lost. Cloud
companies fails or decide to get rid of the business. Digital shoe boxes as
noted is pointless without context.

There is a project called the 10,000 year clock originally started Dan
Hillis of Thinking Machine fame (for techies :-).

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock_of_the_Long_Now>

It?s useful to read some of the background material on a lazy rainy day on
how does one even build a clock intended to last 10,000 years.

Spencer

Message from Clive at moss.net (Clive Moss) ([Leica] So much for "film is forever")
Message from csaganich at gmail.com (CJ andS) ([Leica] So much for "film is forever")