Subject: [Leica] So much for "film is forever"
From: Clive at moss.net (Clive Moss)
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 14:03:37 -0500

Not sure what a "electric memory device" is - but I have a couple of disks
full of digital files that began life in the late 90s and and are still
fine.

Flickr and Facebook will provide the equivalent of the shoe box of old
negatives and prints - and will show no fading.

I spread my stuff over Smugmug, Flickr, and Facebook, with a smidgen of
Geni for family archive kind of stuff. It may not all survive, but some
will. My kids and grandkids are computer savvy enough to cope and pass them
along to the next generations. They will not know what to do with the boxes
of negatives, slides, and prints that I still have - unless I get around to
digitizing them.

--
Clive
http://clive.moss.net

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Douglas Nygren via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org