Subject: [Leica] Looking For M (240) Plate
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 19:52:51 -0400 (EDT)

Bob,

I use the Wimberly P5 camera plate on my Nikons, but on my M, I use the P10,
and also have used the P20 lens plates.  All are $52.  the RRS you
referenced is a universal L plate, which if you switch from Horiz. to Vert.
a lot is preferred, but if you are primarily a Horiz shooter I think the
lens plates are a better deal.  Wimberly makes really nice stuff, I use
their Gimbal mount on my Nikon D4 with the 400/2.8 lens for wildlife & Eagle
shooting.  they are real nice to work with.  RRS is also a great bunch, but
they build products in batches, and sometimes you have to wait for them to
get to the item you want to buy.  Good Luck with your search.

Gene