Subject: [Leica] My Sony broke; my M9 too.
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 21:12:54 -0500

Of interest to the several people here who also shoot with Sony A-x cameras:

My A7s back dial stopped working, and so it became difficult to shoot in
manual mode, as I use that to control the iris. The dials are swappable, but
you get the picture.

So I called Sony support, and while I was on the phone, the guy emailed me a
work order and label to Precision Camera repair, their contractor. I packed
it the next day and sent it, and it arrived there June 22.

They sent it back, and it arrived today, which means it spent about 3 days
in the shop.

The papers say they made the repair, cleaned it inside and out, cleaned the
sensor, updated the firmware, and adjusted everything to factory tolerances.

Not too bad.

While it was gone, I spent a lot of time with my M9, and as usual, enjoyed
the experience.

Unfortunately, I realized my camera is a victim of the dreaded sensor issue.
 I learned to work around it, but now I'm ready to send it off to Leica.  I
emailed them.  We'll see how it goes.

from my iPad

Sonny Carter

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] My Sony broke; my M9 too.)