Subject: [Leica] Leica Q
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 11:30:24 -0400

No, but if your perspective is what you?re stuck with (Grand Canyon rim), or
unimportant, it?s all the same.

But I respectfully disagree with the comments that the Q?s sensor has so
many pixels that you can just crop to the FOV of a 35mm with no significant
loss of quality. The area covered by a 28mm is very roughly 150% that of a
35mm, so you end up with a 16 Mpx image, and less if it needs further
cropping. This is fine for perhaps an 8 x 12-inch print, but my experiments
with P&S cameras at FLs commonly used by FF cameras indicate that the
inherent resolution of a fine lens well exceeds that of even a 36-Mpx
sensor, probably by at least a factor of 2, and this can be critical for
very large prints or small crops.

Is this camera a response to (or inspired by) the Sony RX-1?

?howard