Subject: [Leica] IMG: After Dinner, at the Airport
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 21:16:44 -0500

It was a beautiful day, so I decided to see what the late day activity
might be at the airport.  While attending a ball game, I had seen a
Cessna towing a sailplane overhead.  It seems the Civil Air Patrol had
some checkout activity going on.  I walked onto the ramp as the
sailplane was returning to the hangar.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Two-Place+Sailplane+Rolling+Home.jpg.html

This sailplane has a snug, two-place cockpit beneath the hinged canopy.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Tandem+Cockpit.jpg.html

I walked out to take a look at a visiting CAP Maule aircraft from
Alabama.  I had never seen a Maule in CAP colors.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/CAP+Maule.jpg.html

The CAP recently purchased a group of new Cessna 172s, and there was one
of these on the ramp.  The new landing/taxi light caught my eye.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/New+Cessna+172+Landing+Light.jpg.html

This airplane smelled new all over.  Even the alternator behind the
cooling air inlet was shiny, with no bug spatter.

All with the Fuji X-E1 and 27mm Pancake lens.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA