Subject: [Leica] IMG: Old Summicron at f/2
From: amr3 at uwmalumni.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 19:48:38 -0500

I have a group of seven friends (of varying ages) who were all photo
editors of our university's student newspaper at one time or another (I'm
the oldest) and all of us went on to become professional photographers.  A
few years ago I was head of UWM Photo Services. At the same time two others
ran the in-house PR photo departments at Marquette University and the
Milwaukee School of Engineering, two worked on local newspapers, one was
the official photographer for the Mayor of Chicago, and the last an
international stock photography consultant.  I think I am the only one who
didn't study journalism ;~)

Anyhoo.....this year we decided to have monthly breakfast gatherings, and
at today's I was showing off my Fuji X-E2. My friend Dan took a few frames
and liked the size and feel. He has Leica M equipment sitting idle and
mused that maybe he could use his Leitz lenses again with a body like
this.  To show the quality with even an old hazy collapsible Summicron I
took a few shots of Paul to send to him.  With the strong window light
behind him, Paul's face came out dark, so I had to bring up the tones on
the DNG in Adobe Bridge CC.  I am impressed with the sharpness of the
eyelashes even though the lens was at f/2 and I didn't make a big effort to
hold steady.

This is a 3 MB file and can be viewed large.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Photographers/20150613_MR_Mine_DSF2061.jpg.html

--
Alan