Subject: [Leica] Scanner stripes
From: nwajsman at gmail.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 08:37:29 +0200

I just developed a roll of Tri-X shot in my Rollei 35. The good news is that
the negatives are nice and sharp. The bad news is that when I scan them on
my Reflecta RPS 7200 film scanner, I get stripes like these, and a generally
unpleasant rendition:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/belgiangator/misc/20150617-TriX_2015_5_2.jpg.html

This scan was produced with Silverfast; in my desperation I downloaded
Vuescan (which I otherwise dislike) to see if it would do better, but it
doesn?t. Obviously, the fault is not with the negative itself but in the
scanner?s interaction with that negative. The only thing I can think of is
that this particular frame is quite dense (i.e. over-exposed), and that the
scanner simply has difficulties coping with that. Any other ideas?

TIA,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain