Subject: [Leica] In The Beginning Memories
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 22:12:31 -0400

Jim Nichols: I enjoyed your old Kodak photo recalling how you got started
with photography. I'm interested in such things. I wish more would do the
same. Dr. Leon Pomeroy, Northern Virginia, USA and I quote: "When my wife
and I settled into an apartment in Dayton, OH in 1951, I was a raw USAF 2nd
Lieutenant, with no car, and very little in the way of possessions.  We had
received a Kodak Brownie Flash 620 camera as a wedding gift.  Our idle time
was often spent walking in the Salem Avenue neighborhood, and the Dayton Art
Institute was within our path.  This is one of my first photographs, scanned
from an album print that was more than 50 years old.  This is how it all
began for me, and within a year I had a used Leica IIIa and a growing love
of photography. Comments welcomed. Jim Nichols Tullahoma, TN USA."
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Dayton+Art+Institute+1951+Revis
ited.jpg.html

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] In The Beginning Memories)