Subject: [Leica] IMG: Venus and Jupiter conjunction
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 01:04:57 -0700

Tonight's closest visual approach of Venus and Jupiter found me in a
local park with my Olympus E-M5 and an old 135/3.5 OM Zuiko lens.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/18697285813/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/>
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/19130278918/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/>

The first has all sharpening, local contrast and noise reduction turned
off so that the diameter and color of planets are not changed by
processing.  The second, taken with a PanaLeica 25/1.4,  is dedicated to
Jim Shulman.  The people were very nice, they let me look through their
telescope (a fairly basic refractor). Interestingly, the 10x digitally
magnified view through my E-M5 was almost as good.

--Peter