Subject: [Leica] Move over Q, here comes AIR
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:23:05 -0400

Is the ability to use an exterior screen like an Ipad a new idea?
Or has tethered shooting wireless or wired been part of the whole digital
thing since day one?  (the year 2000?)
And you didn't have to sell your soul to do it.

On 7/1/15 3:07 PM, "Howard Ritter" <hlritter at bex.net> wrote:

> Neither did Mae West.

This does sound like a very viable idea. When you?re
> carrying around a big, tremendously high-resolution touch screen (much
> bigger
> and better than the 1-Mpx LCDs on the backs of even the high-end ?real?
> cameras) and a whole bunch of memory in your pocket every day already, why
> not
> use it in conjunction with a decent-sized lens and sensor without taking on
> all the baggage of another screen and all the structure needed to support
> it
> and attach it to the lens/sensor and provide all the mechanical controls
> that
> are part of a ?real? camera? Other than doing without a viewfinder, I don?t
> see much downside to it.

Leica should do it too, with a FF sensor, an M
> flange, and an R adapter. And a Monochrom model. Any leica glass ever made,
> through-the-lens viewfinding, immediate connectivity, in-device rudimentary
> post-processing, video for those so inclined...

?howard