Subject: [Leica] The Art Market (Contd)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 02:32:03 -0500

The Wall Street Journal wrote an article quite a while ago saying the only
investment possibly better than an investment in art is real estate.
They said all you have to do is invest in a mediocre artist and all that
artist has to do is remain mediocre and your investment triples in a very
short time I forgot the stated amount of time. Needless to say if that
artist improves in time as they tend to do your investment does a lot better
than that. And if they should god forbid DIE then your investment goes
through the roof.... In a good way.
Just get your art from  a real artist. A sidewalk artist even.  Real paint
and real canvas or a legitimate print making form. Not something that comes
off an offset press costing them a penny which you pay ten bucks for and is
in the league of what gets put in picture frames when you buy the picture
frame.