Subject: [Leica] Crazy Glue outgassing /bloom
From: lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 19:51:43 -0400

I recently repaired my Sony/Zeiss 35mm/2.8's hood for the second time (it
separates into two pieces rather easily). This time, I used Crazy Glue. I
left the repaired hood by itself for 2 - 3 days before attaching it to the
lens and placing the cap back on. Now I see that there's a white bloom
spreading from the area I glued and the bloom has spread onto the cap which
was nowhere near the hood for the first 2 days after gluing. Now I'm afraid
to put it back on the lens.

Anyone know what's happening?

-Lew Schwartz