Subject: [Leica] Barnack Award 2015 - Public Award - it looks like Leica photography
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 22:05:52 +0530

I don't think the word marketing is out of place here, either. You cannot
be in the Fine Art market without a healthy dose of it.

I have no problems with others being induced into paying any amount for
what they apparently like, as long as they do not expect me to participate!

I collect art, including original prints (quite a few list members have
sold prints to me), and having been doing so for just under 30 years now. I
am quite well versed with the art world as an ever present potential
sucker. It is always the legal principle of caveat emptor (buyer beware)
that has to be foremost in your mind here, as it should in regard to
anything we spend money on.

To me, there seems to be a major element of sour grapes in this
discussion...

Cheers
Jayanand