Subject: [Leica] IMG: Brittany
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 19:12:48 -0700

Well, this time, Silverfast just did the job with no work.

I suspect with good color balanced light, Silverfast and a well processed
negs, the problem is not so bad. The SF authors pic suffered because of the
lack of chemical as mentioned (Kodak chem needs 4x more chemical as other
C41), and the "Snake Head" suffers because it's taking inside a redwood
grove with color cast from the shades. Color films react different from
digital sensors, and that's that.

I know if I need to make the final presentation, I will work until
everything is right. Those 4x6 feet prints require half a dozen 24" test
prints each, before we are happy. If my web-pics got weird color cast, of
course I wouldn't mind hearing them, but some of the comments were
borderline bizarre.