Subject: [Leica] Flickr followers
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 01:27:52 +0100

I mentioned the Flickr follower problem before. I'm still getting a number
of new followers for my little used Flickr a/c - some are fine, but some are
like this guy - followers of hundreds of thousands. As some others here also
use Flickr, this is my somewhat petty riposte to him and others by way of a
Flickr testamonial. Flickr doesn't seem to have an adequate complaints
procedure that will handle individuals that are seemingly wasting others'
time in their drive to get their own numbers up.

You said this about Name Deleted:
"You have to admire this photographer's dedication, resources, and chutzpah.
He has added my work to the other 154,860 photographers he is following. I'm
so thrilled that he obviously spends all of his time so devoted to the art
of photography, and regularly checks 154,861 photographers' work. As many of
these multiple thousands of photographers post several images a day, he must
have to look at several hundred thousand images a week at a minimum. That's
real dedication.

How long do most individual images get vetted for? Probably 10 to 20
seconds, longer if one wants to appreciate the nuances, and context of the
image and the photographer. How long is that? It's almost immeasurable to
people of my limited mathematical abilities. What a guy! What a life of
dedication. There should be some sort of award for this. I nominate him for
the Flickr Faithful Follower Award. If there is no such award, I think there
should be. Did I look at his own pictures? No, sadly. I didn't have the
time, and I rather suspect he doesn't have the time to take good images, as
he seems to dedicate his life to other people's images."

I know this won't affect many people here, but it's irritating that a site
that I pay money to, allows its customers to be plagued by people like this.

Aren't we lucky that we all have Brian Reid!!

Douglas

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Flickr followers)
Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] Flickr followers)