Subject: [Leica] OT Mac Display calibration
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 21:53:19 -0500

===On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Ken Carney <kcarney1 at cox.net> wrote:

> The OKC LUG had this on its agenda for its monthly meeting at Earl's BBQ
> today.   The consensus was that a calibrated color workflow is critical if
> you are making prints, but for internet it is a crap shoot as to what
> others may be seeing on their monitors.  If I have misspoken the membership
> can correct me.
>
> Ken

You have it exactly right.  Expending a lot of time and money on
calibration and then casting the image out onto the world wide web seems at
best excessive, whereas calibration for printing would seem to be mission
critical.

Of course, as they probably don't say at Earl's, YMMV.

--Bob

Message from billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce) ([Leica] OT Mac Display calibration)
Message from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] OT Mac Display calibration)