Subject: [Leica] OT Mac Display calibration
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 20:06:49 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Calibration for print is mission-critical, but one can get close enough
without a calibration puck to fool most print buyers.  Start with the Mac
eyeball software calibration tool, make a test print using a calibrated
printing service (some will even make a calibration print for free), then
fine-tune the monitor to match the test print.  This is what I did before I
started using the puck and prints sold anyway.

Yes the calibration puck is more likely to give you a well-calibrated
monitor first try.  No it's not the only way to calibrate a monitor.  YMMV.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com