Subject: [Leica] M6 cosmetic issue (film reminder)
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Bryk Oliver)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:49:53 -0700

Chris wrote: I?ve never seen an M6 with a film-box holder. I think that was
a third-party add-on someone stuck on it.

Mark wrote: Been a while since I had my m6 but wasn't the dial integrated
into the system to feed the ISO to the meter system.  The m2-3-4 had a metal
disc with reminder pointer.  The m4-2/p had a grey disc for noting speed
with a pencil.  Or a sharpie for those die hard TXP or k64 fans. Just stuck
on on my D3.  Bad idea.  Gets in way of display.  Easy to remember what film
emulation is set tho

Sonny wrote: Neither M6 I've owned had that frame.  You need to get to the
dial to set ISO for the meter.  I always stuck a piece of the film box end
into the flash shoe as a reminder.

Mark wrote: I thought Leica has a metal film cassette box end older on the
back of at least one of their film cameras but having searched them all I've
come up with Jack. A plastic one you'd buy in the store I think a lot of
people did that.

I thank all of you for commenting.

I decided to do without the film reminder because 1) I shoot only b&w with
this camera, 2) I use only Ilford film, and 3) the film speed selector is
plainly visible.

Oliver