Subject: [Leica] OT Mac Monitor Calibration
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:40:58 -0700

Something I actually know the answer for.  Yes, OS X has a visual monitor
calibration facility that does a ?good enough? job for monitor calibration,
if you don?t do much printing, what you print is at home on a consumer grade
printer, you have good eyes, and your monitor is relatively new.

If you want top notch results, however, you will need to use something like
i1 Display Pro and soft proofing in Lightroom.  What you see in Lightroom
will look like the print.

I have a blog entry on this topic:
http://robertrose.photos/photo-chips--a-blog/soft-proofing.html
<http://robertrose.photos/photo-chips--a-blog/soft-proofing.html>

Laptops screens (even Mac) seem especially prone to error.

Robert Rose
robert.rose at mac.com <mailto:robert.rose at mac.com>
www.robertrose.photos <http://www.robertrose.photos/>